Thursday 7 May 2015

Evaluation- Question 3
What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
One of the biggest publishing groups in Europe is Bauer which have 80 brands serving 19,000,000 people. I would want my magazine to be involved with this because its the biggest publishing groups. They have audiences with 4 out of 10 people who experience their products. One thing that they have on their web page is " our business is built on millions of personal relationships with engaged audiences" with the success of this they have helps the product grow. this could mean that if I wanted to I could be supported by the company if they understand the magazine industry completely. As Bauer can offer different platforms such as radio stations and television channels which will then make each platform recognizable because Sound! is multi-plat formed brand which indeed I would need it to be successful.


Although IPC media is available I would feel that Bauer would help me get my media product to its best, and to attract new audiences to a fan base. The brands that are already published Q, Mojo magazines I think that there are potentials for a pop magazine for the younger generations.
 The biggest distributor in the UK is Frontline which sells and distributes over 160 magazine titles including the 54 of the 100 selling titles in the UK. They publish magazines Mojo and Q, this implies that Frontline is successful. So for that reason I would want this company to distribute my magazine  and it would be the best decision because they are working with highest magazine for the UK. Frontline tries to help to raise money for good causes. If my magazine was to be involved with this company then it would be involved with bigger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment