Thursday 5 February 2015

Front cover layout


This is my main image for my music magazine. My main image I have chosen to do is a female artist, this is because my target audience is for the female gender and the age range I will be trying to reach is the teens who are interested in female artists. My main image is more to the right of the page than the left and it takes up most of the space on the page. My splash ' Ellie back on the road again?'   I have chosen this because this will catch the readers eye and then they'll want to read that article then they are more likely to purchase that magazine as it looks appealing and worth the money. 
'Sound' is going to be my masthead of my music magazine I have chosen this masthead because I feel it was the most appropriate and it suited my magazine cover the best. As you can see on my questionnaire 'Sound' wasn't a choice that is because I was going to use 'Sow!nd' I did like the idea of this masthead and as you can see from the questionnaire results that it was the most popular masthead but I felt like it was misleading because it looks like two separate words 'sow!' Is a female pig and my music magazine isn't anything to do with pigs! With my masthead I wanted to make sure that it wasn't misleading and I didn't want to draw the readers attention to any negative points about my magazine. 
This is my barcode for my magazine, I have chosen to put it on the right hand side of my magazine cover as it wasn't only filling up any dead space I had I also wanted it to be on the right hand side because I felt like it was more appropriate to be on that side. I have also put the price of the magazine right on top of the barcode because I did some research and that is where most of the prices are on any type of magazine. 

The picture above is a picture of my pug, I have chosen to have in my pug 'FREE POSTER inside today's magazine' I have chosen this because I wanted to draw attention to my readers and I also did it because most readers will be paying for a magazine that they may throw out so I want to give them something for value of the magazine which they may keep. I also think with my pug that because it is bold it is going to be one of the first things that they will notice. 
The sell lines that I have chosen are the one that will appeal to my readers which are bands or artists such as 'The Vamps, Sam Smith and James Bay'. I have also included lifestyle and other British songs. I have chosen to this and include this because it bold and clear. I have also separated the with black and red lines to show that my work is organised and clear and that my readers are able to see that you can see that the different topics there are. 
The last picture is the banner line, I have chosen this because as I have said I want to draw the attention to the readers and by saying that it is 'THE UKS BEST SELLER' its implying that you can't get any better than that. I have also chosen to have this in a clear background and have black text as it understanding and not confusing. I have also put the issue number underneath the banner line so the readers know if they have the right issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment